Gran Tierra's approach to Corporate Social Responsibility has been developed and modified to reflect the CSR pillars set out in the Canadian Government's publication: "Doing Business the Canadian Way: A Strategy to Advance Corporate Social Responsibility in Canada’s Extractive Sector Abroad".
Gran Tierra's approach to CSR is reflected by the company's commitment to:
- Respect for Human Rights including compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Human Rights and Security.
- Transparency and honesty in our business, including compliance with the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
- Open and Frequent Communication and Consultation with Local Communities including a Community Grievance Program that reflects the criteria set out in IFC Social Performance Standards.
- Ensure all employment and procurement procedures are designed to maximize the opportunities for local and regional communities to capture the economic benefits associated with our activities.
- Respect the special rights and needs of indigenous peoples and communities potentially affected by Gran Tierra Operations.