Check out the exciting progress of the NaturAmazonas project in the Amazon Piedmont rainforest of Putumayo. We are extremely proud of our partnership with Conservation International and the accomplishments of the project so far. Watch Conservation International Colombia’s video to learn more.
Gran Tierra's approach to Corporate Social Responsibility has been developed and modified to reflect the CSR pillars set out in the Canadian Government's publication: "Doing Business the Canadian Way: A Strategy to Advance Corporate Social Responsibility in Canada’s Extractive Sector Abroad".
Gran Tierra's approach to CSR is reflected by the company's commitment to:
- Respect for Human Rights including compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Human Rights and Security.
- Transparency and honesty in our business, including compliance with the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
- Open and Frequent Communication and Consultation with Local Communities including a Community Grievance Program that reflects the criteria set out in IFC Social Performance Standards.
- Ensure all employment and procurement procedures are designed to maximize the opportunities for local and regional communities to capture the economic benefits associated with our activities.
- Respect the special rights and needs of Indigenous peoples and communities potentially affected by Gran Tierra Operations.