Gran Tierra Energy’s company-wide Environmental Management Plan (EMP) addresses how it handles environmental issues arising from its exploration and development projects and other operations.
The Plan is based on the environmental performance standards of the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation and reflects best industry practices. It will be amended and updated periodically. In any instances where local laws or regulations differ from the standards contained in Gran Tierra’s EMP, the Company will adhere to the more stringent requirement.
The EMP addresses issues like:
- Defining a code of conduct for all workers
- Conserving biodiversity
- Minimizing construction impacts, flaring and water use
- Controlling erosion
- Optimizing road and pipeline routing and construction
- Managing solid and liquid waste including hazardous substances
- Protecting and preserving cultural and archaeological resources