Gran Tierra Energy's approach to Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility has been developed and modified to reflect the CSR pillars set out in the Canadian Government's publication: "Doing Business the Canadian Way: A Strategy to Advance Corporate Social Responsibility in Canada’s Extractive Sector Abroad".
Gran Tierra's operating philosophy, Beyond Compliance, influences the decisions we make regarding how we meet our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. Beyond Compliance means that whenever possible Gran Tierra voluntarily goes beyond what is legally required to care for the environment and undertake respectful engagement with local communities.
Gran Tierra's approach to Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is reflected by the company's commitment to:
- Respect for Human Rights including compliance with the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Transparency and honesty in our business, including compliance with the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
- Open and Frequent Communication and Consultation with Local Communities including a Community Grievance Program that reflects the criteria set out in IFC Social Performance Standards.
- Ensure all employment and procurement procedures are designed to maximize the opportunities for local and regional communities to capture the economic benefits associated with our activities.
- Respect the special rights and needs of Indigenous peoples and communities.